Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning is a cutting-edge, powerful and effective professional development approach that is maximized through the partnership of human and horse. This dynamic, experiential method engages people in experiences that help them reconnect with their body and heart rather than just their analytical mind. Non-verbal communication and energy are pre-dominant features of each workshop.
Horse related activities are done on the ground and no traditional riding is involved.
At Wintervale, we use Equine Assisted Experiential Learning as a leading edge way to develop human potential, helping teams and individuals uncover the possibility within. In experiential interactions with horses, you gain self-knowledge and acquire skills that can lead to positive life changes at work, at home and at play.Horses accelerate learning and facilitate intentional change by helping humans:
- Become aware of subtleties of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Improve attention, mindfulness and focusing abilities
- Become aware of incongruence of intention versus behavior
- Identify and respect boundaries with ourselves and with others
- Confront challenges and develop confidence
- Adjust to the relativity of time, expand the moment
- Cope with stress, grief and unexpected set-backs